Saturday, May 4, 2013

...How Graceful I Saw Her Come In

Biltmore Gardens pics, Part II

The Azalea Garden at Biltmore is 15 acres with over 1000 azalea plants (according to their website).



At the end of that garden, there is Bass Pond, with a trail around it.  Since I had no one with me complaining of anything, I continued my walk.


Then there is the Meadow Trail which heads off from the path around the pond.  I took that one, too.











It was a quiet morning on the meadow trail.  At the end of it, I was back on the trail around the pond, with a little side path to what they call a "waterfall".  I always though of falls like these as "spillways" since it comes off the pond and is man-made.





Then it was back through the azaleas and the Walled Garden again to go back to the car.  There are several paths that wind through here so I took a different way back to the Walled Garden.

I took lots more pictures on my way back; it was very hard for me to choose which ones to post.  They are incredibly beautiful gardens with all the blooms this time of year.








I didn't encounter very many people on my way into the gardens or around the pond or meadow but by the time I made my way back into the Azalea Garden, more people were wandering around in there admiring its beauty.

I enjoyed my walk and my solitude.  It was nice and quiet.  I heard mostly just the birds singing, the wind in the trees and the sound of the various creeks running through the gardens.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, and I love that you got to enjoy it without complaining kids! And I'm a little jealous, really. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That place is absolutely magical. That shot of the bridge over the water with the hot pink flower bush on the left just blows me away. WOW! And your header shot is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete