Thursday, May 8, 2014

Long Time No Write

I can't believe that it's May already!  I missed posting a bunch of snow pictures from our winter.  :)

And I've been out to Biltmore a couple of times to wander around the gardens this spring.  But my pictures probably look about like the ones I took last year, except the kids are in some of them this year.

And I've finished one quilt since I last posted.  I was hoping to have more than that done by the end of the school year.  Sigh.  This one was completed at the end of January.

This one was a block of the month quilt kit that I did through our local quilt shop in 2012.  John was happy to get this one.  :)   I had enough fabric to make two blocks each month, so I guess I need to make another similar one at some point.  Or at least something using all the leftovers.  This was the first time I've ever really used batik fabric.



I guess I've also missed updating y'all about Natalie's play (she was a hilarious Grandma Georgina in Willy Wonka, Jr) and Will's sports.  He wrestled again this year and played on the middle school baseball team.

I am still volunteering at the elementary school for 4H with sewing.  It's been fun; I'll probably do it again next year.  The kids have 5 more weeks of school and I am so ready for summer.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! Well done!
    Hope you are enjoying your spring! :)

    ReplyDelete