Sunday, January 20, 2013

Born on the Bayou

Natalie had to do a project on her family tree this past fall.  As I was talking to her about where different grandparents and great-grandparents were born, I started feeling a little homesick for Louisiana.

My parents were both born in the same town in Louisiana as I was and I have relatives from both sides of the family still living there.

I haven't been back since my sister Chrissy moved out of Texas and we stopped making that drive every year.  I haven't seen the various aunts, uncles and cousins who still live there in a long time.

We moved from there when I was 11, but we still visited it a few times a year to see family while I lived with my parents.  When I was in college, I would make the trip to visit Grandma two or three times a year.

After marrying and having kids, I haven't made it out there as frequently, but still went at least once a year until Chrissy moved.  It is a longer car ride since we moved to North Carolina, though.

We're going to visit Chrissy (who now lives in Missouri) this summer and I have been wondering if I can tack on a little side trip on our way home.  It'll only be about 8 hours out of our way...








No comments:

Post a Comment